11.12.2007

Simple pleasures

As I bring in my new banner...


...I have things to share from every category on my old one.


Craft:
Pretty little hairbands when ribbon and elastic collide.


Decorate:
Some day we'll get to finishing these diner benches off.
Particle board was working on the back until dh rearranged
furniture so the heater vent could be exposed.
Warmth over style works for me for now.



Thrift:
Vintage earrings and pins found on a recent outing --
to go on new bags I'm making.



Design:
More of a peek at what's coming up in the future for me.
Working on elements for my new venture has brought me
back to my roots. (It's so much easier now than when I started out
in the dark ages of the Mac, lol.)



Shoot:
Something I've been meaning to share for awhile.
Dh and I had a date night out at a gallery opening.
The only photos I took were of this sculpture.



Live:
How can I get upset with my boys about leaving their toys
around when I happen upon a scene like this?


Simple things really make me smile.




3 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi Julie! Thanks so much for visiting me. What a sweet, sweet post. Simple things are the best. Sometimes we can get to busy and miss them! The charms are a little tricky as you copper foil tape the edges and have to use a soldering iron to apply solder around the edge. It's kind of like working with mercury from a thermometer! So good to talk to you...xxoo, Dawn

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Great reflections. I like your new banner, and I especially like the sentiment... simple pleasures are the best... like the pleasure of knowing you!

Julie said...

Aww, you're making me all misty-eye Natalie. :::wiping away a tear:::