11.26.2007

Creative diversions

Ever have one of those days with pie-in-the-sky plans about what you're going to get accomplished? Today was one of those days for me.

We're in the post-Thanksgiving, pre-Christmas phase. I got caught up on laundry and sort of cleaned out my studio over the weekend. I was going to finish that chore this morning and then get to work on lots of sewing works-in-progress.

Putting boxes of supplies away led me off in a few other directions (it always does). I gathered up wooden ABC blocks and ornaments, Christmas ephemera and a big divided box to create a shadow box. Realizing that was probably to big of a first-time assemblage project, I went looking for smaller wooden boxes.


I didn't find any, but I did find these little metal frames (from Italy). I've had them for at least 10 years ago. They were an ugly gold-tone so I spray painted them black. That was probably 3 years ago. I've always wanted to put images in them but never found the right ones. I knew the perfect project would come along someday.



Today was that someday. I sorted and selected buttons, fabrics and trims for each frame and started experimenting. I couldn't be happier with the results.


I'm going to put them on Etsy tomorrow. Then I'll get busy with the projects I was supposed to work on today.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like how these came out..great job!

Andylynne said...

What sweet little pictures, and I like the combinations you chose to put together. You did a wonderful job!

La Pluma said...

did you find a buyer? if not, i'm here! :-)