5.20.2008

The real teal

The weather has cooled here in the Northeast. It feels more like April than almost Memorial Day. Perfect timing considering I just finished my first long-term crocheting project -- a long cushy scarf from thrifted yarn.

I stitched together two yarns at a time -- a textural mohair/silk/wool/acrylic blend from Italy and a solid teal alpaca/acrylic blend from France. They look so pretty and soft together.

I have officially mastered the double crochet stitch after this project. I just know the wonky sides will bug me years from now when I am better at crocheting, but for now I'm happy with the results. (The scarf was carefully photographed so as not to show the wonky sides.)

For a fun finishing touch, I added fringe on the ends. I can't wait for fall so I can wear it with my favorite Harris Tweed coat. Well, maybe I can wait. I'm really looking forward to summer.

2 comments:

Andylynne said...

Beautiful scarf, you did a wonderful job. You can almost feel the textue from the photo.

4funboys said...

what a beautiful color!!!