6.01.2008

Inspired by nature


In honor of the babies who are growing on my front porch, I've been playing with the robin images I got from Dawn awhile back. You might remember what I made back in March. It's for sale on Etsy.

I altered vintage glass ashtrays with the robin images, sheet music and other papers, lace, trims and buttons. The back of each one has a little surprise image.

This one is finished. I just want to find an easel for it and the next piece.

This one needs more I think. Any suggestions? It's hard to believe with my stash of stuff I can't find something else for it.

This petite one turned out cuter than I thought it would. It has a found rusty washer and mother-of-pearl button covered in an image of 4 eggs in a nest (just like my babies out front). Its hanging wire has old chandelier crystals dangling from it.

Once I finish the second one up and take more pictures, they will be on Etsy.

2 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

How cool!!!! Julie this is a wonderful idea!! The tiny one is my fav and I love the washer...different textures add so much interest to a piece ~ such sweet baby birds, too!! xxoo, Dawn

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I love the pictures!