6.09.2008

And the winners are...


...the kids at Suzville and Knitting This and That for identifying my butterflies as some sort of Swallowtails. (All male BTW, since the females are darker.) Moms, if you can contact me by email (link over there on the right), we can make arrangements for getting the butterfly photos to your winners.

I had to look up the flowers from my banner. My collections of those cute little Golden Nature Guides sure come in handy at a time like this. They are columbines.

If anyone wants to continue with the guessing games, who is this?

He/she was hopping about under the shrubs while I watered flowers yesterday. At first, I thought it was hurt because it let us get so close but it did eventually fly away. A friend thinks it is a catbird.

4 comments:

Contessa Kris said...

HA! I knew I got that flower name right and it just popped into my head without looking it up. I must have seen those before. The bird 'looks' a lot like the cat bird.
http://www.naturelens.net/images/birds/otherbirds/catbird2.jpg

Anne K. said...

That's a gray catbird - a lovely summer visitor who has the most fascinating set of complex calls! You can read more here: http://www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/BirdGuide/Gray_Catbird_dtl.html

4funboys said...

great pix!!!

vicvic said...

Hey thanks! Emily will love them!