3.03.2008

Thank you, thank you, thank you

We've heard lots of kind words on our youngest's surgery. He is doing very well and I got to be creative with his bandage. I knew there was a reason I saved the embroidery from a well-worn Mickey Mouse baseball cap. He loved The Disney Store when we visited a mall near the hotel.

Right before we left for the hospital, Dawn sent me a package of goodies in exchange for the nests and other stuff I sent her.


There was this big piece of pink, orange and white floral flannel. It's perfect for pajama pants if I ever get around to cutting into the pattern I bought months ago.


And this piece of vintage barkcloth. It was so nice of her to give it up to me. I have plans for a bag with either dark green or ecru fabric and matching accessories.



And the piece-de-resistance -- a decoupaged plate with her trademark sheet music and bird. It is hanging right here over my computer, reminding me everyday to "Dream." (Even her ribbon and gift tags were worth saving and displaying.) Thanks Dawn.

Lastly, I've just stocked Easter/New Baby gift tags on Collage with 1¢ shipping. There are a dozen sets of 6 tags available.

As my thank you to all my readers, you can get two sets for the price of one, if you mention my blog.

Oh, I'm not done yet. My other thank you -- the give-away for my 200th post will be tomorrow. I promise. Stay tuned...

4 comments:

Sarah B. B. said...

Gorgeous tags! So glad your kiddo is doing well. I bet he loves his cool Mickey bandage, too. :)

sewtakeahike said...

I'm so glad your little guy is doing good! I bet his little patch is making his "owie" all better a lot quicker!

Dana said...

Somehow I missed all the news and happenings with your little guy. SOOO glad that he is doing well!

Shay said...

Love the barkcloth! I have a repro of a British needlework catalog I got off eBay and it has instructions for taking a piece of floral printed fabric and embroidering over it, using the print as a pattern.

Might look cute on a bag!