5.18.2010

Scarf of alpaca and vintage elements


When I started this project last night,
I didn't know what I'd end up with.
All I knew was that I was tired of hexagons
after making them during a 5-hour car ride.


I pulled out a ball of thrifted alpaca yarn,
a crochet hook and a book of patterns.
I didn't like the first few I tried but
the third was the charm so I kept
hooking a scarf until I was out of yarn.


Being a bit on the short side I knew
it needed something else and started
digging through my stash of vintage
buttons and thread crochet doilies


I absolutely love how it turned out
and will be doing more stash-busting projects
like it in the near future.

(P.S. My pattern books has directions
for making ring crochet like in this
vintage piece. Can't wait to try that too.)

No comments: