9.16.2007

Latest projects

Now that both my camera and sewing machine are back in order, I feel like I am finally catching up. Lots of photos to show.

Who's that lurking behind my new-to-us curtains?

Why, it's a rooster light! I thrifted the curtains ages ago but didn't want to go through the bother of hanging drapery hardware or cutting the drapes down. So, I hung them upside down and strategically hid the pleated ends behind furniture. The tie-backs are just loops of woven upholstery webbing.


This is going to be a fall bag for me. I forgot I had set all the vintage fabric and trims together before my machine (and camera) broke. Now that I see the picture, I want to get it done.


I made these pincushions last night-- all of thrifted vintage items, even the batting inside them.



This was the first one I made and my favorite.


I started this 18mo/2T dress very early in the summer and finally finished it yesterday. I only had to add the shoulder straps, pocket and yo-yo rosettes at the straps.



These are bracelets and/or Christmas ornaments made of wooden beads, ribbon and vintage jingle bells.


These are hair decorations made from old metal hairpins, buttons and ribbon bits.


Wow! Looking at all of that, I'm surprised by what I was able to create from what I had here on hand. Need to keep reading blogs for inspiration and use up more stuff.

Lastly, my biggest accomplishment of the last few weeks -- getting 3 of these 4 guys into school. I promise the kindergarten looks a little bit happier on school mornings now.

No comments: