2.12.2009

Neat knitting needles

My sister-in-law requested a knitting needle case months ago and I finally got around to it this week. As I explained to my dh, it is easier to cut out fabric for multiples of projects like this, so I made three.

I used complementary vintage fabrics bought last spring. I knew I wanted to use them together and I really love the results. (Sorry the color quality is so bad, but I couldn't wait for a sunny day to photograph them.

Each one has three rows of pockets to keep your needles separated and neat.

Fold the top down, roll it up and tie with the ribbon to keep your needles safe (from prying little hands if your house is anything like mine).

This one with coordinating pink and blue pinstripes and a delicate floral trim has a solid blue exterior.

Four different fabrics on the inside of this one with solid blue trim and the pink floral exterior.

Candy stripes for the outside and trim on this one with pockets in a variety of blues.

I used this tutorial as a starting point, mainly for the dimensions. Before cutting the fabric though, I remembered I bought bias tape makers months ago. They were perfect for making the trims -- and a lot of fun.

I have plans for the rest of those fabrics and my new favorite tools -- crochet needle cases, clothespin bags on wooden hangers, crayon barriers..... Be sure to check back.

No comments: