2.13.2009

Geek crocheting mom

My oldest son called me a geek when I drove him
to bagpipe band practice this week. It wasn't because
normally the super-cool dad (tic) usually drives him.

I think walking into the school carrying this picnic basket did it.
Maybe if it was filled with homebaked cookies or something,
he wouldn't have been so red-faced.

Instead I was carrying the afghan I'm working on.
It's gotten too big to carry in a bag and since the picnic basket
was sitting there empty, I went with it. Why not?

Little does he know I embrace my crochet geekiness.
Wait until he sees this decal on the van window --
once it is warm enough to bring it through the carwash first.

Progress is going a lot faster than I thought it would.
I started it only 10 days ago now.
Should be done by early next week.

I already know who is going to get the most use out of it.
Alice loves to lie on it or crawl under it every time I crochet.

3 comments:

Mama Said Sew said...

I love the picnic basket carrier for your afghan! And I can't believe you've only been working on it for 10 days. It looks fantastic.

Thanks for sharing the link for the vinyl decals. I might have to get myself a Sewing Girl decal!

Christy said...

Ooo - I love the picnic basket too! I'd definitely carry that around, especially if it embarrassed my kids :)

Tiff said...

Love the afghan, I've always wanted to try that zig zag pattern. And what a great idea to use the picnic basket.
The decal is too cute. I have decals of DH, myself, and all the kids on our back car window but it would be great to have something just about me:)