2.18.2009

Mean ol' mom

This is going to embarrass him, but I just have to boast about my oldest son. Today, I was going through 600-some-odd photos from the last bagpipe season to put on a digital frame and came across quite a few of him.

He looks like such a little boy. It is amazing how much puberty changes them once it hits, lol. (If the photos don't embarrass him, that comment sure will.)

Besides doing very well in his freshman year of high school, he belongs to two bagpipe bands. He is a player/instructor for the adult band and was named lead drummer for the kids' band this year. With that band, we will be heading to the World Bagpipe Championships in Glasgow, Scotland this coming August.












4 comments:

Mama Said Sew said...

Embarassing our kids is one of the perks of being a mom, isn't it?

I love the photo with the gentleman on the park bench. :)

allybea said...

Ooh you're coming back to my neck of the woods! Do come and say hello. Fab photos but then I'm partial to my men in kilts;)

Christy said...

Fabulous! You should definitely be proud - and embarrass those boys all you want. Have a drummer or two in my family as well :)

4funboys said...

I embarass my son without even trying... ha

thanks for the tip on classes... I'll look into that for sure.