7.17.2008

Recent acquisitions of the paper and fabric kind

I bought all of this at garage sales and had to pack them right up.
I'm glad I took the time to take pictures. I look forward to
rediscovering them and creating something lovely.

I've been drawn to books of sheet music lately.
I'd like to do more collage/assemblage
and these lend themselves well to the backgrounds.
Books with missing covers and water stains tend
to be really cheap and I don't feel guilty taking them apart.

Sometimes I get lucky and find beautifully illustrated song books.

This illustration is to die for. I like it even more
because it is done in blue instead of traditional black.

Even the pre-turn-of-the-century (2oth that is)
design work is fascinating.

I had to get this one just for the famous names,
both of the stars and the show.

Too-ra-loo-ra has special meaning for us, so I gave this one to dh
for Father's Day. He has sung his own version of this song
to the boys at bedtime since the oldest was an infant.
Now he knows all of the words, lol.

I found lots of vintage fabric at a huge church rummage sale
back in June. I think these are all cottons from the 40s and 50s.

These brighter ones seem to be from the 60s and 70s.

This sheet will make some really cute pillowcase dresses.

These are all wool, even the white with large squares
in the background. Not sure what I'll do with them.

1 comment:

4funboys said...

our boys are lucky to have dads that sing to them...

I loved the pictures.

What a great experience for your family.