Finally a finished project to show

As if I don't have enough other things to finish up, I decided to make myself a skirt. I found directions online I could've worked from, but ultimately "re-purposed" a vintage housecoat I found a few months ago.

I just cut the top off, hemmed the top and sewed a channel from the original sash. I then put elastic inside the channel and, voila, I have a skirt.

It actually wasn't that easy because I had the darndest time trying to figure out how to make the top of the skirt actually stay on me. It was huge!
I'm now going to see what can do with the top half of the housecoat.

No comments: