6.09.2007

Early morning thrifting

The newspaper's calendar entry described this as the second largest garage sale. A nearby town, Warrensburg, boasts the official town-wide "World's Largest Garage Sale" in the fall but I've never found the deals there like I did today.

I got up early and planned to go to the First Presbyterian Church of Glens Falls alone. Two of my boys also got up early so I brought them with me. All in all, we spent about an hour and about $20 and came home with this:


Vintage floral sheet in the background, red gingham curtains and tie-backs, box of rick rack and trims, a dozen circus-striped mugs, baby blanket trims, two purses and soft blue yarn.


Over-the-door shoe holder (brand new and for holding trims, maybe?), turquoise insulator, three pairs of big bear feet "snowshoes."

Wooden firehouse with cute little people and vehicles, circular shape sorter/color/number clock, Melissa & Doug magnetic letter board, metal Mickey Mouse airplane, box of the three little bears puzzle shapes (M&D), two sets of fabric insert dress-up dolls, boy and girl dress-up M&D puzzles and a peg loom.

No comments: