1.23.2010

Winter whites

Might as well embrace the color of the season
since we have so much snow on the ground.
Much of my crocheting of the past week has involved
creamy white yarn-- three different kinds.


Friends are visiting this weekend from Florida.
They moved down there four years ago and los
their northern blood already. And you can't find
warm head gear down there, so I made them some.

 
 She requested a cream-colored beanie cap which I embellished
with a bit of scalloped trim. For her seven-year-old daughter,
I made a headscarf in the same lambswool blend yarn.
Can't wait to see them on their heads --
and to see them for that matter.

 
I bought a huge cone of cotton yarn for making pot holders, etc,
but when I found the pattern for a little girl's hat
in my crochet-a-day calender made with the same type yarn,
I had to do it up. I now have usable directions
for making hats in double crochet!!!
I added the flower and leaf from other pattern books.


Aren't little felted bowls so sweet
for holding coins, jewelry, craft stuff
I bought this pretty blue one at a craft show.
I realized while making hats lately, crocheting bowls has to be
the same concept as crocheting in the round to make hats.


I combined the directions for an actual felted bowl
with the way I make caps and came up with these sweet
I bought in Scotland last August.

 
They are now in the washing doing the felting thing.
I'll share what they look like once they are blocked
and dried. I can't wait! Then I want to make more.

No comments: