10.29.2009

L@@K, I made things and...

...actually took pictures before giving them away! Thanks to my model "D" for having fun and posing for me.


In the past few weeks, I made 4 more beginner-friendly caps using up the darker gray yarn from Scotland, the heathered-gray yarn I upcycled from a vest and vintage buttons.

"D" is small but these hats have enough stretch in them to fit adult women well. In fact, the 4th went home to Maine with my cousin.

I will have them at upcoming local craft shows or will list them on Etsy if out-of-towners tell me you are interested in them.

After requests from two nieces, and making two more for other young cousins, I have customized and nearly memorized this earflap hat pattern. Great for using up small balls of leftover yarn, especially when you make stripes.

With more wear, the hat shapes to the wearer's head. Again, since my model is small, there are still ridges at the top from crocheting in the round.

Isn't she a cutie? I think I need to make a smaller hat all of her own.She saves my boys countless hours of embarrassment when I make them model the girlier hats.

No comments: