4.17.2007

For the birds

I need to remember to always carry the camera with me, even if I'm just going out on a short errand.

I just pulled back into my driveway after driving kids to preschool and scared about a dozen birds from my barely budding lilac bush. One stayed behind, so I sat in the van for a minute just watching him trying to figure out what he was. His friends soon flew back. They were yellow finches, some bright and some muted, but all really pretty especially as a group.

I put down the driver's side window and tried to sneak out as quietly as possible to come in the house to retrieve the camera. Came back out and sat in the van for another 15 minutes hoping they would return. They didn't but I did get to watch (and listen) to two huge crows cavorting in my backyard.

No comments: