4.20.2007

Creating cards


For the past month, I've been creating gift tags/cards/ornaments from the well-loved (read: pretty much destroyed) kids books I've collected for years. I knew they'd be good for something eventually. I just needed to wait for inspiration. Now to do something with the books' covers...

I spend most of my evenings in front of the tv, selecting and cutting out images, gluing them to cardstock, adding embellishments and packaging them together.

My 3rd grader thought of me when one of his school friends said she had a book she didn't want anymore. He brought home a coverless copy of the 1962 Rand MacNally book "Little Tiger." What cute jungle animal illustrations, some in full color and others in black, white and fuschia. I'm really glad he has caught the thrifting bug from me and knew the book was worth saving.

No comments: