8.01.2007

Thrifty-ness

I got a few hours to myself and went to my favorite church basement thrift store -- with the excuse of dropping 3 large garbage bags off. I spent $10 and got all of this:


I had a thing for green. The striped Jantzen terrycloth dress is for my niece, the swimmer. The plaid pajama pants are for her sister. The polo is for dh and the linen and crochet top is for me, as is the little tulip bowl.


From left: interfacing, vintage sheet (broke my rule of not buying anymore because this had contrasting trim and lace), scraps of upholstery fabric, tan twill fabric and an embroidered bib.


The three pieces on the left are skirts, none of which will fit me. The first two are wrap skirts and the third is twirly knee-length. I'll turn them into something else. The red piece is a shirt dress that does fit me. Yeah!!!


Lots of books. And old Air Mail envelopes.



And oddities -- two metal bowls and a 1970s plastic baking soda holder shaped like an icebox.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK -- now that is inspiring. The books are my favorite. You did well.