11.23.2011

Shopping sprees

Between the fiber festivals and craft fairs I went to this fall,
I've added to my stash, though I should be trying to use it up.

I have a hard time using the "good" yarn I buy though.
Want to make something extra special, usually for me.


Here are 3 wool yarns.
The top one is a hand-spun, bulky denim tweed.
The middle is hand-dyed worsted Norwegian wool
The last two red and white are fingering weight
and were seconds from a mill in Maine.
Any suggestions on how to use them?


I always go for the bargain bins at shows,
and don't mind buying vintage stock.
These are both wool and about $2 a skein.
I'm thinking of using them together.


I'm also building up my roving stash.
I have used the drop spindle once to make some yarn,
just enough to make a sweet flower brooch.
Need more time or to find someone who gives lessons,
in both spinning and felting, to get the most of these.


And I couldn't resist these cute pewter buttons with bagpipes!!!
I still have a stash of Scottish wool tartan and solids
I would love to pair these with.
Maybe a bag for me .... to carry my latest yarn projects in.

No comments: