4.26.2011

Saturday on the farm

This past weekend we visited Hartshorn Ridge
 as part of the Washington Country Fiber Tour.
The Graves family, transplanted cityfolk,
raise Romney sheep on their Greenwich, NY farm.


We spent most of our time in the barn full of ewes and lambs.


 

The dark lambs were hard to capture in the low indoor light
so I didnt get too many shots of them.






Some lambs were inside while their mamas roamed outside,
baaing loudly back and forth to each other.
Sounded like my own house at times!!!






The two studly rams were kept on the other side of the property.



Hanging inside the lamb barn were the bright paintings of Leslie Peck.
If I can't have farm animals, can I have some of her work?




I wanted to sit here all day and just enjoy
the sheep and the rolling country hillside.


Of course, I had to take pics of the other red hens!


This is the third year we have done the the local farm tour.
Each year, we have picked different farms
and met alpacas, angora rabbits, goats and sheep
as well as the open and friendly people who raise them.
If you get a chance locally, take your family on a tour.
What an experience!

No comments: